Great new opportunity for an experienced PR practitioner to join a leading consumer business on a contract basis to cover maternity leave. This key role will play a vital part in delivering the group PR strategy, acting as first point of contact for all media enquiries and building strong local and national media relationships.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to make their mark by shaping an important function within the marketing department.
- Working with an external PR consultants to generate national, regional and trade awareness of the brand. This will include:
- Being the first point of contact for all media enquiries.
- Monitor journalist enquiries using ResponseSource software and social media
- Develop good relationships with key journalists (national/consumer media and trade press) and pitching stories to key contacts.
- Generating monthly coverage report and using this insight to identify future opportunities.
- Sourcing and co-ordinating consumer case studies
- Working closely with business partners to generate local PR stories to help raise local awareness.
- Work closely with our Digital Marketing team to ensure a joined-up approach to out reach
- Manage award entries to help maintain the high number of award wins.
- Work alongside Events Manager to manage charitable partnerships. Co-ordinating fundraising events and sharing success stories.
- Support with Investor Relations Communications
Personal Skill Sets
- Highly organised: Able to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines; excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal: Able to communicate in a friendly yet appropriate and professional manner with journalists, key stakeholders and third parties.
- Copywriting: Able to create compelling and accurate press release drafts (often at short notice). Excellent use of English language and ability to translate key information into a newsworthy story.
- Proactive: Able to spot potential risks/bottlenecks and make relevant member of the senior team aware whilst also suggesting a solution. Motivated self-starter who is able to work under own supervision.
- Eye for accuracy: Delivers work of a consistently high standard, which is meticulously checked
- Previous experience in a Press Officer or PR Manager role
- Consumer PR experience desirable but not essential
- Fully conversant with Media Relations software e.g. Response Source and media monitoring/analysis tools e.g. Kantar.
- Educated to degree standard (relevant Media degree or English) desirable but not essential
- CIPR or PRCA qualified desirable but not essential
In return, you will get a great working environment with a competitive salary and fantastic support from the rest of the team.